Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I got a tattoo a day ago and I bought Neutrogena Skin Aid Skin Recovery Cream. Not sure about the ingredients?

the main ingredients are glycerin and Pramoxine hydrochloride. the lady at the drug store had tattoos and she recommended this to me. I'm just asking to make sure? I need to know as soon as possible because I don't want to use something on my tattoo that might be bad for it.... thank you!I got a tattoo a day ago and I bought Neutrogena Skin Aid Skin Recovery Cream. Not sure about the ingredients?
i used a%26amp; d ointment for baby butts lol. I was also told just pure vit. e lotion is ok for it too. The type you would get at a health food store though. hope that helped.I got a tattoo a day ago and I bought Neutrogena Skin Aid Skin Recovery Cream. Not sure about the ingredients?
Usually A%26amp;D cream works pretty well. Most lotions that don't have dyes or scents attached them them are okay after the first couple days, at least that's what my artist told me. Just make sure you don't use much of it, you don't want to slather it in lotion, it'll mess up your tattoo. And be careful not to constantly put it on. 3 times a day should be pretty good.





I really don't know anything about that product and its particular effects on your ink, but I would put it on another area of your body first to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it. The last thing you want is to put something you're allergic to on an unhealed tattoo.





Call the person who did your tattoo. Different artists have different care regimens that they prefer.
Any kind of A%26amp;D works really well. Unscented lotion as well. You don't want anything that's going to dry it up. There are products made for tattoos, Tat Wax and Tattoo Goo are two that I've used and liked. Both are available from camtattoo.com. They're a little more expensive than a lotion you might buy at a store, but they last forever, unless you have a huge tattoo obviously.
I use bacitracin and then lubriderm unscented lotion and it works fine for me.





A%26amp;D and Aquaphor also work well, but I have no idea what that is, but the ingredients don't sound great. Ask your artist.
Anybody that I know has either used A%26amp;D ointment or Aquaphor. I myself used aquaphor.
You should call the tattoo parlor and ask what they recommend.

1 comment: